Step 1: Apply for Financial Aid for next year
You must complete the FAFSA every year in order to be eligible for financial aid.
- Video introduction:
- Available October 1
- To be considered for all available funding, submit by the priority filing deadline, April 1st
- To make the FAFSA experience easier, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Northeastern’s School code is: 002199
- A copy of your student aid report (SAR) will be emailed to you by the Department of Education approximately 7-10 business days after you submit your FAFSA
- SFS will reach out to your university email address with requests for any additional documentation
- Requests for additional information are also viewable on the Student Hub. Once you have logged in, choose “Resources,” “Financial Services,” then select “My Financial Aid Status,” and “Documents” from the menu options
- Beginning in May, SFS will begin to request documents. Promptly respond to any request for additional documentation
- If you have been selected for the federal verification process and additional documentation is necessary, you must submit these materials before a financial aid award can be prepared
- Students who have filed a completed aid application and are making satisfactory academic progress will receive an aid package electronically
- Once awards are available, they will be posted to the Student Hub and students will be notified via their Northeastern email account
- Financial aid packages will be released beginning in the summer for the upcoming academic year
- Financial aid awards will continue to be prepared on a rolling basis for students who complete the financial aid application process
Now you have completed Step 1. Please go on to Step 2 when you are notified that your financial aid package is available on the Student Hub.
Step 2: Review your Financial Aid Package
This information will be viewable on the Student Hub. You will receive an email to your Northeastern email address when your aid package is available for review.
Step 3: Receive Your Financial Aid
- If you have been offered a nursing student loan or health profession loan: Information will be provided over the summer with instructions for completing the self-certification and loan documents.
- If you plan to decline or reduce any offered loans, submit your request through the SFS service portal
Please note: At any point in this process, you may be selected for the federal verification process or be required to submit other documentation to confirm your federal aid eligibility. Your aid award will be finalized when all verification & requested documents are submitted and reviewed.
Congratulations! This completes your financial aid process. Once you have completed these steps, your aid will appear on your student account within two weeks of the start of the semester.