Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)
As of October 8, 2021
For the Quarterly reporting period of July—September 2021.
Northeastern University is providing emergency grants to eligible students from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to support our learners who have been adversely impacted by COVID-19 campus disruptions. To promote transparency and comply with federal reporting requirements, Northeastern provides the following public information:
- Northeastern University received HEERF funds as authorized by the CARES Act, CRRSAA, and ARP. Under each authorization, Northeastern University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement if required. Northeastern has used or will use the applicable amount of funds designated under the CARES Act, CRRSAA, and ARP (a)(1) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- The total amount of funds that Northeastern University will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to its Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants is $28,769,753 as of September 30, 2021.
- The total amount of HEERF Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students during the reporting period is $147,268.
- The estimated total number of Northeastern students eligible to receive a HEERF Emergency Financial Aid Grant is 68,349 as of September 30, 2021.
- A total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant during the reporting period is 97.
- In the reporting period, Northeastern distributed emergency appeal grants to students who demonstrated qualifying expenses through an institutional application. In awarding appeal grants, the university followed the expanded student eligibility criteria announced by the Department of Education on May 11, 2021. In determining appeal award amounts, the university instituted upper limits for some expense categories as well as an aggregate individual grant limit equivalent to the maximum Pell Grant.
- In the reporting period, students applying for emergency appeal grants were provided detailed instructions in the institutional application. Northeastern emailed applicants alerting them to the approval or denial of their application after review.
CARES Act Report as of May 22, 2020
CARES Act Report as of July 2, 2020
CARES Act Report as of August 14, 2020
CARES Act Report as of September 30, 2020
CARES Act Report as of January 8, 2021
CARES Act Report as of April 8, 2021
CARES Act Report as of July 10, 2021
HEERF Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report, Institutional Portion
HEERF Institutional Report as of October 27, 2020
HEERF Institutional Report as of March 31, 2021
HEERF Institutional Report as of June 30, 2021
HEERF Institutional Report as of October 10, 2021